Make the Perfect Christmas Pavlovawith Glad Bake & Cooking® Paper
Pavlova is the ultimate dessert to enjoy with family this Christmas. For a twist on the traditional Pav, check out how to make this delicious wreath shaped fig and pistachio Pav with pomegranate and berries. It’s easy with the help of Glad Bake & Cooking® Paper, just follow the below steps:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
6 egg whites
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 teaspoon white vinegar
300g thick cream
4 figs, quartered
300g fresh berries, eg. raspberries, blackberries
1 pomegranate, pearls removed
1/4 cup chopped pistachios
1 bunch mint
1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1. Preheat oven to 150°C.
- 2. Place the egg whites in a large dry bowl. Beat until stiff peaks just form, then add sugar gradually (a couple of tablespoons at a time), beating well between additions. Fold through cornflour and vinegar and beat until fully combined.
- 3. Draw a circle approximately 20cm on a piece of Glad Bake & Cooking® Paper and place on a large baking tray. Place heaped spoonfuls of meringue on the baking paper, following the circle to form a wreath shape. Flatten the tops slightly.
- 4. Transfer the tray to the oven and reduce the heat to 120C. Bake for 1½ hours, then turn the oven off, and leave in oven with the door closed until cold.
- 5. Remove pavlova from oven and decorate with cream, fruit, pistachios, mint and molasses when ready to serve.
Note : Pomegranate molasses is available at most health food stores and delicatessens. Omit if unavailable or roughly crush half the berries and spoon over pavlova.